Key Responsibilities: BIM Specialist staff is an expert level CAD/BIM position which performs non-routine and complex drafting assignments within company and industry standards.
- Work under direction of a designing professional and BIM Manager
- Possesses intermediate design expertise to provide BIM documentation through the use of various software programs including Revit, AutoCAD, etc.
- Produce structural drawings from engineer’s designs
- Create REVIT models from architect’s design plans and details for use by structural engineering group
- Ensure construction documents are accurately modeled
- Collaborate and coordinate with other disciplines’ design-changes and model challenges
- Adhere to BIM execution plan and BIM project workflow criteria
- Follow BIM content standards and development procedures
- Works closely with CAD and BIM Managers and Project Managers / Engineers / Designers to obtain project information and ensure drawings are accurate and complete.
- Print drawing sets for professional team and participate in project reviews.
- Linking of architectural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing drawings/models for the creation of structural documents while watching for clashes between disciplines.
2+ Years’ experience in BIM, in the Structural Engineering/Architectural Field.
- Knowledge of BIM technologies with an understanding of the direction of building information modeling and its impact on the AEC industry.
- Understanding of project workflows (schematic design, design development, construction documentation phases) and basic project management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to clearly and effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Working knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD, and other design technologies with direct experience using prior and current versions.
- Strong, self-motivated work ethic with ability to be effective and timely while providing consistent follow up.
Established in Las Vegas, Nevada in 1995, Lochsa Engineering has become a leading firm offering civil, structural, and surveying services. Lochsa focuses on engineering projects within a certain scale and technical challenge. Utilizing staff from offices in Las Vegas, Boise, and Denver, allows Lochsa Engineering to be an effective partner on each unique project. The firm offers competitive salaries, benefits package, and opportunity for advancement and professional development.